ToDo Task Manager Pro is a simple but powerful task management tool for the Android operating system. It allows you to quickly and easily organize your tasks. Start by quickly adding all of your tasks to the task list view. Then simple click on a task to add more details.
The task list view allows you to see all of your tasks in one place. You can customize the list by selecting the sort order and by filtering the task so you only see the tasks you are interested in.
In each row of the task list view you will see the priority of the task represented by a color bar on the left side of the row. Next you will see a checkbox that represents the completion status of the task. Two icons may appear next to the checkbox. One icon indicates that the task is a repeating task. The second icon indicates that a reminder alarm has been set for the task. Information in the top row includes the task title and the due date. Additional information may appear below the title such as the category, the completion date, and additional notes.
This pop up menu is accessed by selecting the sort/filter menu option on the Task List View Screen. It displays a list of saved filter options that allows you to select the order of your task in the task list window and filter out task to make it easier to find specific tasks.
Selecting the 'Create Custom Filter' option will open the Sort and filter settings window.
These sorting and filtering options are meant to be used together to give you a much more powerful and customizable task list.
A possible combination include setting the sort option to 'Sort By Priority', setting the completed status filter to 'Hide Completed Tasks', and setting the due date filter to 'Due within the last 30 days or in the next 5 days'. This will list all the uncompleted tasks with a due date less than 30 days old and no more than 5 days in the future due task and show them with the highest priority tasks first.
Using the sorting and filtering options settings is a fundamental part of this application and will increase your ability to find tasks easily and get a better overall understand of your outstanding tasks. Taking the time to experiment with these settings is well worth the effort.
You can save or delete custom filter settings by long pressing the black title at the top of the screen until a menu appears.
Selecting the 'Save Filter Settings As..' option will allow you to save the current filter settings. A popup window will prompt you for the name to be displayed on the Filter Quick Selection List Menu.
Selecting the 'Delete Saved Filters' option will allow you to delete any or all of the saved filters. A pop-up window will display a list of all of the saved filters and give you the option to select the filters that you would like to delete.
ToDo Task Manager allows you to enter more details about your task on the task edit screen. Simply click on a task in the task list to view more details about the task. You can change the task name, select a new category, chose the priority of the task, add a reminder notification alarm, set the task to repeat, and add notes.
Clicking on the due date button will open a date picker window where you can select a due date.
Clicking on the reminder notification alarm button will open the Reminder Alarm Settings window where you can select when to be reminded about this task.
Clicking on the repeating task button opens the Repeating Task Settings window where you can select to have the task repeat.
The To Do Task Manager Pro application allows a reminder alarm to be set for each individual task. The reminder time and date can be selected by clicking on the alarm button in the task detail window. This will open the Reminder Alarm Settings window.
When a reminder alarm is triggered it will create a notification for the specified task in the notification bar at the top of the Android device. The notification will include the tasks title. Clicking on the notification will open the task detail view. A LED light will blink on supported devices with the color of the tasks priority. You can select a ringtone to use as a reminder alarm. You can also choose to use the vibrate mode for notifications.
You can set the alarm at a fixed time and date, you can set the alarm based on the due date so that it goes off either before, during, or after the due date, or you can set the alarm to go off at fixed intervals so that you are constantly reminded about the task.
The To Do Task Manager Pro application allows a task to be set as a repeating task. A repeating task will either create a copy of itself or simply update the due date when it is marked as completed depending on whether the Reuse Repeating Task option is selected in the preferences.
If the Reuse Repeating Task preferences option is checked. As soon as you set a repeating task to completed the task due date will be incremented to the next due date and the task will be reset as not completed.
If the Reuse Repeating Task preferences option is unchecked a new task will be created. Setting a repeating task to completed will cause a new copy of the task to be created with an incremented due date.
The date that a repeating task is incremented to is selected in the Repeating Task Settings window.
At the top of this window there is a summary of how the repeating options are currently set. This summary will display the next due date based on the current settings.
You can export you task list to your SD card as a TXT, XML, or CSV file. XML files are used to back up all of you task list data. CSV files are used to transfer your task list to another program such as Outlook or Excel.
You can import task lists saved as XML and CSV files. You can create CSV files from Outlook or Excel and then import them into ToDo Task Manager -Pro.
To import a file connect your phone to you computer with a USB cable and then mount your SD card. Copy the TaskList.csv file to the SD card for example if your SD card is mounted to the I: drive copy the file to I:\TaskList.csv. Then unmount your SD card and start ToDo Task Manager -Pro on your phone. Press the menu button. Select the More option. Select Import/Export Task List. Select Import Task List From Card. Select CSV for the format. Select Replace Duplicates for the matches field. Press the Import button. Your tasks should them be loaded into the program.
Task Manager Pro allows you to choose which settings work best for you.
You can change the date format or choose to display the time using a 24 hour display. The theme settings allow you to choose from several different backgrounds and color options.
The Reuse Repeating Task option allows you to select where a new task record is created or if the existing task record is updated when a repeating task is marked as completed. If you check this option the due date will be updated in the task once it is marked as completed and the completed status will be reset. If this option is unchecked a new task will be created when a repeating task is marked completed.
You can customize the look and feel of the task list view by selecting the size of the fonts used to display the information. You can also choose which fields are displayed on the task list view.
You can select the ring tone and turn on vibrate mode for reminder alarms.
You can turn the quick search on and off and set it to work on the entire task list or just the filtered list.
You can set the default category and the default priority for new task. This will save you the time of entering them in yourself.
December 4, 2012 - Released version 2.631 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Fixed calendar view menu problems.
- Fixed a problem displaying alternative priority types.
- Minor bug fixes.
November 16, 2012 - Released version 2.63 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Updated importing and exporting.
- Added the option to share tasks by email.
- Added the option to disable the split screen view.
- Added the ability to modify the completion date.
- Fixed a problem displaying multiple tasks in the calendar view.
- Fixed a problem with the calendar view date picker.
- Updated German translations.
September 3, 2012 - Released version 2.622 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Fixed a problem with the widget hiding the due date.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash.
August 30, 2012 - Released version 2.62 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Changed how weekly repeating tasks are calculated and removed the option to select multiple days of the week when repeating for multiple weeks and set to repeat after completion date.
- Updated the shortcut and backup icons.
- Fixed a problem problem with the auto backup.
- Fixed a problem reading dates when importing a csv file.
- Fixed a problem playing the ringtone for a pop-up notification.
August 27, 2012 - Released version 2.61 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Added a widget click action setting to select what opens when the widgets task list is clicked.
- Added an option to open the calendar view without a filter.
- Changed the widget sizes back to the old settings for better compatibility with older devices.
- Fixed a problem in the create new task shortcut.
August 24, 2012 - Released version 2.6 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Completely redesigned the application to take advantage of android 3+ features.
- For Android 3+ user, added a scrolling task list to the widgets and widgets are now resizable.
- The main application now has a split screen on tablets.
- Menu buttons have been moved to the title bars.
- Added new task fields such as goals, tags, and context.
- Added more filter settings and simplified the filter settings screen.
April 22, 2012 - Released version 2.406 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Fixed a problem with some alarm settings not saving.
- Fixed a problem with creating a home screen shortcut.
April 11, 2012 - Released version 2.402 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Fixed a problem with the date picker.
- Fixed a problem with exporting settings.
- Updated the German translations.
March 28, 2012 - Released version 2.4 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Added the ability to enter custom status values for tasks.
- Added the option to select which icons are displayed on the widget and added a calendar icon.
- Added an option to use a calendar view for picking dates.
- Added an option to have the alarm view pop up instead on using the notification bar.
- Added a menu button at the top right of the title in dialog boxes.
- Added a preference option to clear all application settings.
- Added a preference option to restart all alarms.
February 12, 2012 - Released version 2.314 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Fixed a problem opening the application on Android 4.0.
- Fixed a problem with an empty homescreen widget.
February 6, 2012 - Released version 2.313 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Changed how the next repeating tasks date is calculated.
- Made some speed improvements.
- Fixed some other minor issues.
February 1, 2012 - Released version 2.312 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Added a settings option for including the phone's contact list in the list of contacts displayed in the application's contact field, turned off by default. This should solve a problem that can cause some screens to open slowly.
January 30, 2012 - Released version 2.311 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- Added more font size choices.
- Fixed a problem with repeating tasks when using Monday as the first day of the week.
- Task Title is capitalized by default.
January 29, 2012 - Released version 2.31 of ToDo Task Manager -Pro
- IMPORTANT: The repeating task settings have been rewritten; your previous settings may work a little differently.
- Fixed the calendar weekend color when Monday is the first day of the week.
- Fixed the alarm erase button.
- Fixed a problem with using a black background in Android 4.0.
- Fixed some other minor problems.